Date:      Sat, 26 Dec 1998 23:18:55 -0800
From:      "David O'Brien" <obrien@nuxi.ucdavis.edu>
To:        Bernd Walter <ticso@cicely.de>, Robert Withrow <witr@rwwa.com>
Cc:        dmlb@ragnet.demon.co.uk, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: NFS thoughts

> > returning the wrong IP in a packet.  Also, I thought the
> > "noconn" option was the work-around for this problem.
>
> intereting - since all my recent machines shows the following when amd
> is nfs-mounting: Dec  9 07:40:34 cicely5 amd[940]: noconn option
> exists, and was turned OFF! (May cause NFS hangs on some systems...)
>
> Where can I place this option?
> Can't find it in any manpage.

UTSL :-)

It is addressed in the Amd souce in some comments I can't quite
understand what they are saying.  So I left it alone with I imported the
new Amd.  I really need to email the Amd people to understand just what
they were getting at.  In their code the Amd people tend to lump all the
BSDs together (including 4.4BSD proper).  So I'm not sure what they think
applys to us and what to the other BSD groups.

--
-- David    (obrien@NUXI.com  -or-  obrien@FreeBSD.org)