Date:      Sat, 19 Dec 1998 09:33:39 +0900
From:      Hidetoshi Shimokawa <simokawa@sat.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp>
To:        alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   fpsetmask

   Some ports (eg. tcl*) require fpsetmask for build. But it has not
been implemented yet on alpha. First, I thought the exception mask can
be specified by FP_CR register, but none of currently avaiable CPUs don't
seem to support the feature. Then I found the software completion is
done in /sys/alpha/alpha/fp_emulate.c and we can specify the exception
handing by setting proc->u_pcb.pcb_fp_control. My question is
how I can set the variable, do we need a new system call for it?

/\ Hidetoshi Shimokawa
\/  simokawa@sat.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp
PGP public key: finger -l simokawa@sat.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp