Date:      Mon, 9 Jul 2001 15:20:41 -0500
From:      Noah Dunker <ndunker@jccc.net>
To:        'Joe Clarke' <marcus@marcuscom.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Wireless Ethernet (Cisco Aeronet) Problems

Nada.

I have a friend using a new iBook with AirPort (it's 802.11)
No user or authentication needed other than the SSID.  We didn't
need to modify any information on the AP (HW Addrs, etc)

The AP is a Cisco Aironet 340 11MBPS.

I'm using an Aironet 4800 Card.  It is recognized flawlessly with
PCCARDD, and the Status light is on solid unless I change SSIDs with
ancontrol or use dhclient.

the Activity LED is blinking very quickly all the time.  I've tried with
2 different AP's, both of which work on my buddy's iBook.  DHCP works on
both AP's as well.

Noah Dunker
Systems Analyst/Technician
Johnson County Community College