Date:      Sun, 22 Oct 2000 20:18:04 -0500
From:      Patrick Hartling <patrick@137.org>
To:        Donn Miller <dmmiller@cvzoom.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: System clock out of control

Donn Miller <dmmiller@cvzoom.net> wrote:

} On Sun, 22 Oct 2000, Patrick Hartling wrote:
}
} > } options         CLK_USE_I8254_CALIBRATION
} > } options         CLK_USE_TSC_CALIBRATION
} >
} > I tried adding these options, but it unfortunately didn't help.  Now
} > the CPU is being reported as running at 18.08 MHz.  I have played around
}
} Does you CPU work properly with other operating systems?  Jumpers set
} correctly on your MoBo?

I'll have to ask the owner that.  I just installed FreeBSD last weekend
as the only OS on the machine, so I don't have any real points of
comparison from my own experience.  For kicks, I just tried booting DOS
from a floppy, and the clock behaved.  I don't think that means a whole
lot, though.  Doesn't DOS just read the time from the BIOS clock?  The
BIOS clock hasn't been exhibiting these problems at all.

 -Patrick

Patrick L. Hartling			| Research Assistant, VRAC
patrick@137.org				| 2624 Howe Hall -- (515)294-4916
http://www.137.org/patrick/		| http://www.vrac.iastate.edu/