Date:      Thu, 13 Mar 1997 10:29:48 +0100 (MET)
From:      Christoph Kukulies <kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de>
To:        bill@wagill.com (Bill)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: X server for Win 95.

> I am looking for a Windows95-based X Window server so that I may display on
> my Windows95 workstation X applications running on my FreeBSD 2.1.7 machine.
>
> Any good (and affordable) suggestions?
>
> I've heard of Hummingbird's Exceed, but I've also heard that it is priced
> highly.

You may take a look at gnuwin32. There exists a port of X11R6.3
for NT and Win95. I collected some mail from the gnu-win32 list about it.
I'll put that into ftp://ftp.de.freebsd.org/incoming/gnuwin32X11.
It also contains a pointer to an EMX port of XFree86 (Eberhard Matthes gnu
extender for DOS/NT).