Date:      Mon, 26 Jan 2004 18:17:20 -0700 (MST)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        nate@root.org
Cc:        arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: newbus ioport usage

In message: <20040126165523.W30461@root.org>
            Nate Lawson <nate@root.org> writes:
: Ok, I'm doing the set/alloc and it works.  However, one weird thing.  If I
: allocate all ports at boot time, it succeeds.  My driver goes through
: multiple release/allocate cycles and it all works as expected.  However if
: I boot and attach to only one of the registers, subsequent attempts to
: attach the second one fail.  The resources are 2 IO ports, 0x101c and
: 0x101d.  Both are 1 byte.

Deos devinfo -r show any cause for the problem?  Maybe you aren't
releasing them properly?  Also, why not allocate them as a block of 2?

Warner