Date:      Wed, 29 Dec 1999 15:17:55 -0800
From:      Parag Patel <parag@cgt.com>
To:        Michael VanLoon <MichaelV@EDIFECS.COM>
Cc:        Graeme Tait <graeme@echidna.com>, "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@kdm.org>, Mike Smith <msmith@FreeBSD.ORG>, Lance Costanzo <lance@costanzo.net>, freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ECC RAM useless with FreeBSD?

On Wed, 29 Dec 1999 14:13:17 PST, Michael VanLoon wrote:

>3) Who says they're running Win9x?  They could be running (in order of
>potential) WinNT, Linux, *BSD, some commercial Unix.

Well, I remember hearing something about their using some Microsoft
email product (Outlook perhaps?)  for their email so I assumed they were
running some flavor of Windows.

Since they're using off-the-shelf laptops, I'd still like to know how
they know it's radiation vs software, because it'd help to know (at the
least) which laptops actually have ECC RAM, for instance, or perhaps
which ones don't need fans for cooling.  As I said, I'm just curious -
no axe to grind either way.

	-- Parag Patel