Date:      Fri, 20 Aug 1999 11:43:04 +0200
From:      Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@scc.nl>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Oracle Requirements

Michael Robinson wrote:

> The installation instructions for Linux Oracle on FreeBSD say that
> linux_base and linux_devtools are prerequisites for running Oracle under
> Linux emulation.  However, it looks like those two packages basically
> install RedHat 5.2.  I'm assuming that Oracle doesn't require, for example,
> a fortran compiler (egcs-g77).

It is basicly not needed.

> Does anyone have a minimal list of rpms necessary to make Oracle happy?

I wouldn't know.

> Would it be possible to make a port of just those?

Why would you want that. If you're concerned about disc space, then I would
suggest not to use Oracle, because the size of the ports are not really
significant in the total size needed.

Anyway, what's stopping you from deinstalling packages after you've
installed the ports? You can for example try to remove all X related
packages.

--
Marcel Moolenaar                                  mailto:marcel@scc.nl
SCC Internetworking & Databases                     http://www.scc.nl/