Date:      Thu, 10 Apr 2008 14:52:06 +0200
From:      AngryWolf <angrywolf@flashmail.com>
To:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: java in FreeBSD 7.0

Hi,

Dunno if it helps, but this is the way I installed JDK1.6 on my system
(FreeBSD 7.0):

1. Install jdk-1.6 from port, that will install diablo-djk-1.5 as a dependency
(as far as I can remember).
2. Set JAVA_HOME environment variable to "/usr/local/jdk1.6.0".
3. Check "java -version" again.

I should work because /usr/local/bin/java and javac are just wrapper scripts
to start whatever java/javac version you want.

I can't help on the compile errors though...

--
AngryWolf
angrywolf@flashmail.com