Date:      Sun, 15 Nov 1998 07:11:13 -0800
From:      David Greenman <dg@root.com>
To:        "Randy A. Katz" <randyk@ccsales.com>
Cc:        Randy Katz <rkatz@virtualisys.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: netstat -in Error question(s)

>>wcarchive does around 85Mbps on average, with uptimes that have been in
>>the months. What version of FreeBSD are you using? Are the interfaces
>>operating in 10Mbps mode or 100Mbps mode? There is a hardware bug when
>
>Does wcarchive have more then 1 Ethernet adapter?

   No, but I have test configurations here that do and they work fine.

>>using them in 10Mbps mode that can be (and is in newer versions of FreeBSD)
>>worked around in software. The bug causes the receiver to go dead. It looks
>>like you're using a switch (no collisions); what type of switch are you
>>using and how is the duplex configured?
>
>I'm using D-Link 5016 switches. The duplex is configured for full.

   Hmmm. I don't like to point fingers, but I don't think D-Link has ever
made a switch that doesn't have serious problems. I have a DES-3205 here
that is basically garbage. I had so many wierd problems with it that I
eventually had to buy something else, not made by them.

-DG

David Greenman