Date:      Thu, 20 Nov 1997 16:47:46 -0500 (EST)
From:      Scott Gasch <scott@cray-ymp.acm.stuorg.vt.edu>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Question about swapping

	I am running 3.0-CURRENT off of the most recent snapshot.
	I have a strange problem with swap -- maybe it's just me
	doing something dumb... Is it possible to swap on three
	partitions?  There are three drives in the system and I
	set up a swap partition on each to improve interleved
	performance.

	But when I do a swapon -a it starts swapping on the first
	two (i.e. the first two entries in fstab) and says the
	third is an "invalid argument".  Changing the order in
	fstab changes which two devices it swaps on.

	Did I miss something?  Reading the swapinfo and swapon
	man pages led me to believe there was no two partition
	limit...

	Thanks for the help.

	Scott
--