Date:      Thu, 13 Jan 2011 02:17:10 +0900
From:      Ryuichiro Hara <rhml@kibug.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Simple command to reset / clear all logs?

Hello,

It might be all right to remove all "normal file" logs,
though you may want to retain all subdirectories.

find /var/log -type f -exec rm {} \;

may do.

# sorry. I wouldn't do that rough and not tested.
# Basically, those are just incremental logs, whose
# lines are mostly not referred by running system.