Date:      Fri, 30 Nov 2001 21:25:11 -0600
From:      jacks@sage-american.com
To:        "Kathy Quinlan" <katinka@magestower.com>, "Matthew Emmerton" <matt@gsicomp.on.ca>
Cc:        <daniel.chayvialle@laposte.net>, <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: PPPoE

Well, I have been booted up and connected to DSL for the first time and
running for almost 7 days straight with the following:

##rc.conf
natd_enable="YES"
ppp_nat="YES"

##ppp.conf
nat enable yes

Once I have to boot again, I was going to disable ppp_nat="YES" to see what
happened. When doing the first setup, without the natd_enable="YES" the
network clients could not resolve DNS to internet.... I'm still just a
"baby" on this new DSL....

Confused...????

At 10:53 AM 12.1.2001 +0800, Kathy Quinlan wrote:
>Hi Matthew and others,
>
>With the -nat option turned off and natd running, the client machines could
>not ping outside my network, I could ftp and ssh into my gateway, but I
>could not get "outside". If I ssh'd to the gateway, I could ping the
>network, and ping outside. To me it said hey we are not natting, but
>natd.conf looks like it has all the options it should need to allow it to
>work </me shrugs>
>

>Regards,
>
>Kat.

> /"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign  |        K.A.Q. Electronics
> \ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail | Software and Electronic Engineering
> X  - NO Word docs in e-mail  |      Perth Western Australia
> / \                                            |        Ph +61 419 923 731

Best regards,
Jack L. Stone,
Server Admin

Sage-American