Date:      Mon, 04 Jan 1999 20:03:42 -0600
From:      David Kelly <dkelly@hiwaay.net>
To:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Sony Playstations..

John Sconiers writes:
> > And the graphics. The graphics are impressive (I love 'em on `Final
> > Fantasy VII'). There doesn't seem to be any specs on the short manual
> > that came with the system; anyone here know what sort of CPU they run
> > on?
>

> Don't quote me but I believe its a motorola...

Wasn't somebody doing a FreeBSD port to these things?   :-)

Not so sure, but either the Sony or Nintendo is MIPS based with heavy
SGI design consulting.

Have been thinking of purchasing such a toy myself as I'm getting to
like playing the flight simulator that ships with my SGI O2 at work. So
the choice is a dedicated box to hook to my TV, or software for this box
(meaning I won't be collecting any meaningful FreeBSD uptime
statistics).

Suggestions? Comments? Would be interested in a good flight simulator.
Jet planes don't impress me. Would also like a car/driving simulation
but not one with "NASCAR". God gave cars 4 wheel braking because he
wants them to accelerate, shift, turn left *and* right, and brake, and
that sounds good to me.