Date:      Tue, 1 Sep 2009 10:55:00 +0400
From:      pluknet <pluknet@gmail.com>
To:        Aristedes Maniatis <ari@ish.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org, Jurgen Weber <jurgen@ish.com.au>
Subject:   Re: [beta3] ld-elf Undefined symbol

2009/9/1 Aristedes Maniatis <ari@ish.com.au>:
> Upgraded an amd64 FreeBSD machine from beta 2 to beta 3 via freebsd-update.
> When trying to use the bacula port (a backup tool), the application will die
> with the following error:
>
> /libexec/ld-elf.so.1: /usr/local/sbin/bacula-dir: Undefined symbol
> "_ZN5BSOCK18set_source_addressEP5dlist"
>
> Naturally we have rebuilt all ports and rebuilt (just to be sure) all ports
> that bacula depends on. Is this a bug in beta3 or something we are doing
> wrong?

Hi. Quoting Ken Smith:

"There was a shared library version bump after BETA2 was
announced (bump was done July 19th with svn commit r195767) so
if you update a system that was last rebuilt earlier than that it would
be a good idea to rebuild all user-level applications including the
ports/packages."

You definitely need to rebuild all installed packages.

--
wbr,
pluknet