Date:      Fri, 30 Nov 2001 22:46:09 -0600
From:      "Clarence Brown" <clabrown@granitepost.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Help! Postfix Port w/ SASL AUTH support.

I'm trying to set up Postfix with SASL to
provide SMTP AUTH support. I installed
the Postfix port, and selected the SASL
option. It looks like both Postfix and SASL
were installed, and I didn't get any errors
during the process. Postfix seems to be working,
but the AUTH stuff doesn't seem to work.

On the postfix mail list someone suggested
that I should telnet to postfix, and enter
the ehlo command so postfix would return
the 250-AUTH string proving that SASL
and Postfix were working together.

When I do this, Postfix does respond with
several 250- strings, however I do NOT get
the 250-AUTH string back.

Can anybody help me get Postfix and SASL
working from the ports?