Date:      Mon, 4 Jan 1999 15:35:07 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@GndRsh.aac.dev.com>
To:        wilko@yedi.iaf.nl (Wilko Bulte)
Cc:        imp@village.org, gaylord@gaylord.async.vt.edu, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: aha fix-thank you!

> As Warner Losh wrote...
> > In message <199901012025.PAA00554@gaylord.async.vt.edu> Clark Gaylord writes:
> > : BTW, I have a 1542B, unknown firmware ... is there a FreeBSD util
> > : for reading/loading firmware on these puppies?  I recall there
> > : being a DOS util, but I can't find that (though I suppose I can
> > : probably get it from Adaptec's web site).  Right now my drives are
> > : <=1GB, but I will probably buy a 4GB soon and I'm not sure I have
> > : the right firmware.
> >
> > I don't think so.  Looking at the chips on my AHA-1542B leads me to
> > believe that they are EPROMS that need UV light to erase and then a
> > EPROM burner to reprogram.
>
> Right. All the 1542B I've seen use EPROMS, so you need an UV eraser and
> an EPROM programmer yo upgrade them

I've got the tools and plenty of old EPROMS around if anyone needs a set
burned (there are 2 27C128 proms, one is the scsi firware, the other is
the host bios).  I've probably even got the image files sitting on
the HD of the EPROM burner still.

I've also done this for 174x's and lots of other cards.

--
Rod Grimes - KD7CAX - (RWG25)                   rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com
Accurate Automation, Inc.                   Reliable computers for FreeBSD