Date:      Thu, 17 Feb 2000 16:48:59 +0000
From:      George Cox <gjvc@gjvc.com>
To:        Tracey King <tp-king@dircon.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: make world bummer

On 17/02 10:37, Tracey King wrote:

> Excuse me if I am asking a question that has been answered a thousand
> times, I did try and search the mailing list archive but the search
> engine is down.
>
> I am trying to upgrade my version of FreeBSD (2.5) to the stable 3

You mean 2.2.5 :-)

> release, which I managed to do with the cvsup. I ran the make world
> command from /usr/src directory, where things went a cropper.

Ayup.  Looks like it.  This is a big jump, and you should really cvsup to
RELENG_2 (2.2.8-STABLE) and make world there first, before going to 3.x

Reading /usr/src/Makefile suggests that from 2.2.5 you might be able to get
away with typing 'make upgrade' in /usr/src and letting it do its thing.

> I'd be really grateful if anyone could help me.

Well, let us know how you get on -- good luck!

gjvc

--
[gjvc]
<gjvc@gjvc.com>