Date:      Thu, 5 Dec 2002 23:21:25 +0100 (CET)
From:      Marc Schneiders <marc@schneiders.org>
To:        George Barnett <george@alink.co.za>
Cc:        <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Via EPIA Mini-ITX motherboard

On Thu, 5 Dec 2002, at 22:16 [=GMT-0000], George Barnett wrote:

> Has anybody got experience running a recent snapshot on one of these?

Stable ran fine on it a month ago, when I got one for my daughter (9).
She wanted windows though, so I cannot tell anything about how it does
in the long run.

> I'm looking to get the C3 800 model and make a small fileserver for home use
> and am looking for feedback on hardware compatibility / problems / etc.

There are none, I think. It installed out of the box from a CD. (It
has no floppy connector.) Ethernet card on board no problem. Sound
also works. X I haven't tried, but you will hardly need that.