Date:      Tue, 6 May 1997 16:21:28 -1000 (HST)
From:      "David Langford" <langfod@dihelix.com>
To:        dg@root.com
Cc:        elh_fbsd@spnet.com, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, elh@spnet.com, elh@svic.com
Subject:   Re: 1gby physical ram

>>	well, i've just succesfully built and booted a 1gby
>>	physical ram p6 machine (tyan-titan-pro), using 2.2-gamma
>>	from 2/15 and the d.greenman pmap patch posted a few weeks back
>>	when someone else needed a 512mby fix.
>
>   Cool! Thanks for the note! ...now I want to go and upgrade wcarchive to
>1GB. :-) What type of memory are you using and how much did it cost?
>
>David Greenman
>Core-team/Principal Architect, The FreeBSD Project

This brings up a question fro me.

What ATX cases allow (I am using Titan 1668 board) use of memory AND
a drives in the bottom slot. With the  ATX cases I have seen this has
been an either/or proposition.

I have a board with four Unigen 64Meg SIMMS and it was a major struggle
to get the bottom hard drive in. And there is NO way it will work
if I add more memory. Granted these SIMMs are a we bit tall.

Thanks,

-David Langford
 langfod@dihelix.com