Date:      Tue, 09 Jan 2018 07:54:09 +1100
From:      Wesley Moore <wes@wezm.net>
To:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   How can I help get the GNOME port updated?

Hi all,

I use GNOME on my FreeBSD desktop and it works well -- thanks for all the hard work. However, it's starting to get quite out of date now though, with 3.18 being released over 2 years ago and many nice improvements having been made in that time. I'm wonder what the blockers are to getting the port updated in the main ports tree? And by extension if I can help fund the work required or help out by submitting patches myself. In the latter case some specific direction on the most valuable place to start would be appreciated.

Regards,
Wes