Date:      Mon, 16 Oct 2000 18:36:55 -0700
From:      UCTC Sysadmin <support@transbay.net>
To:        Philip Hallstrom <philip@adhesivemedia.com>
Cc:        Charlie Schloemer <charlie@infoworks.net>, "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: root is filling up!

Philip Hallstrom wrote:

> I missed the first part of this thread, but *WHY* are you running netscape
> and gimp as root!?!?!?

Because he's a tough guy and so am I. :)

Believe me, if it were MSware I /would/ beware.

And, if something really bad happens and he loses all his files, well, he can
just reinstall from scratch and start all over again. Some people never learn
until they're burned. (I run netscape as root on one of my machines with nary
a problem.)