Date:      Thu, 22 May 1997 03:02:40 +1000
From:      David Nugent <davidn@labs.usn.blaze.net.au>
To:        Bryce Newall <data@ds9.abac.com>
Cc:        jhk@freebsd.org, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: unknown class 'root'

>  My log files have been filling up with these ever since I upgraded to
>  2.2.2-RELEASE ... any idea what they are and how to get rid of 'em?

Ouch. /etc/login.conf was supposed to be shipped to install in
2.2.2. Looks like I missed the 2.2.2 deadline (I thought I
caught it :-(). Due to local mail/routing problems, I didn't
even hear about the 2.2.2 release until it was (almost?) done.

In any case:

    cp /usr/src/etc/login.conf /etc

A quick fix would be to change the login class for root to "default".

    pw usermod root -L default

Is there still an FAQ? Jordan, could this be added to 2.2's KNOWNBUGS
list?

Regards,
David