Date:      Wed, 10 Dec 2003 12:48:24 -0700
From:      Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
To:        Kyle Amon <amonk@gnutec.com>
Cc:        security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: s/key authentication for Apache on FreeBSD?

At 07:39 AM 12/10/2003, Kyle Amon wrote:

>It sounds like you're going all crazy here.

It does?

>  Unfortunately, what you've
>written to describe your requirement is not very precise.  Assuming you
>are not concerned about "keystroke loggers"

You must have misunderstood my message: This is EXACTLY what the owner is
concerned about. Encrypting the content is not as important as preventing
unfettered future access via a password stolen by sniffing either the
network or the keyboard. Thus, SSL -- while it might be nice -- is optional.
What's needed is one-time passwords for "basic" authentication in Apache.

--Brett Glass