Date:      Fri, 9 Dec 2016 17:21:54 +0630
From:      Dmitry Sivachenko <trtrmitya@gmail.com>
To:        Luca Pizzamiglio <luca.pizzamiglio@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: net/haproxy 1.7.0 : libressl support

> 9 =C4=C5=CB. 2016 =C7., =D7 15:44, Luca Pizzamiglio <luca.pizzamiglio@gmai=
l.com> =CE=C1=D0=C9=D3=C1=CC(=C1):
>=20
> Hi Dmitry,
>=20
> thanks for the suggesstion. There's some discussion on haproxy mailing
> list about how to handle the problem and they're more prone to don't
> support libressl, so my patch could be rejected.
> And, even if my patch is accepted, it will be part of haproxy 1.7.1.
> BTW, I'll fill a PR because the attachments are removed. Then the port
> maintainer (who is in CC) can better decide what to do, if adopt them
> in FreeBSD, if upstrem them, if reject them...

If they accept your change to upstream, i can of course add your patches to p=
orts so 1.7.0 will have it.

If they reject it and refuse to support libressl for some reason, we will no=
t add your patches too, because this is not something FreeBSD-specific.

But i am sure Willy will accept the change if it is properly made (otherwise=
 we don't want it too ;)

Thanks!

>=20
> Best regards
> Luca
>=20
>> On Fri, Dec 9, 2016 at 1:02 AM, Dmitry Sivachenko <trtrmitya@gmail.com> w=
rote:
>>=20
>>=20
>>> 8 =C4=C5=CB. 2016 =C7., =D7 22:51, Luca Pizzamiglio <luca.pizzamiglio@gm=
ail.com> =CE=C1=D0=C9=D3=C1=CC(=C1):
>>>=20
>>> Hi guys,
>>>=20
>>> I had to build haproxy 1.7.0 using openssl and libressl.
>>> libressl support is not really provided, becuase of the
>>> OPENSSL_VERSION_NUMBER issue between those two libraries.
>>>=20
>>> In attachment there're two patches ready to be put in the files
>>> directory and that solve (temporarily) the build issue.
>>>=20
>>=20
>>=20
>> Hello,
>>=20
>> First step should be to offer these patches to haproxy maintainers, becau=
se this is not FreeBSD-specific problem.