Date:      Thu, 17 Feb 2000 17:10:47 +0000
From:      George Cox <gjvc@gjvc.com>
To:        alexander xu <alexander@cm.com.cn>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: can freebsd3.4 support compaq's smart 2DH array?

On 17/02 14:24, alexander xu wrote:

> 1> I have a compaq prolian 3000 with smart 2DH array.  I failed to
> install freebsd3.4 on the machine.

Why did you fail to install FreeBSD?  Is it because you are terminally
stupid, the hardware was not recognised, or did you just sleep late, and
not bother going into work?  (That's happened to me a few times, and I can
tell you, I failed to do a WHOLE LOT on those days)

> 2>Does anybody have suggestion?

Give more details of where it failed.  The subscribers on this mailing list
are NOT PSYCHIC.

Did you boot from floppy, or from CDROM?  You saw it detect devices?  Did
it look like it picked up them all up?   You're using 3.4 -- did you get
the updated installation floppies from www.freebsd.org?  When you reached
the sysinstall program were you able to layout the filesystems?  Finally,
(and this is the one that gets most people)  Did you _turn_ _your_
_computer_ _on_?

> pls let me know as soon as possible

I'll take my time in replying, thank you.

gjvc

--
[gjvc]
<gjvc@gjvc.com>