Date:      Mon, 14 Sep 1998 21:59:39 -0700
From:      "Paul Allemekinders" <paalleme@home.com>
To:        Kenneth Chiu <chiuk@cs.indiana.edu>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Printing with HP 720C

Following the instructions from the FreeBSD Handbook  7.4.2, I
have set the communications mode for the parrallel port, and am
trying to test if the OS can send data to the printer.  I attempted to
use lptest > /dev/lpt0 and also the PostScript program using cat >
/dev/lpt0.  Neither produces any output.  Also I install the aspfilter
ports on somebody elses suggestion and when it gets to the point
to print a test page....nothing.

>From reading around I'm thinking that this is a truly Windows only
printer but that just doesn't make sense to me anyway.