Date:      Mon, 22 Sep 2003 14:10:19 -0500
From:      "Charles Howse" <chowse@charter.net>
To:        "'Matthew Seaman'" <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: Cvsup refuse confusion

> > I have deleted the directories in /usr/ports and=20
> /usr/share/doc that I
> > don't want.
>=20
> You understand that the doc-all collection downloads into /usr/doc,
> and it contains the SGML source that gets processed into the HTML or
> other formats the Handbook is available in?  You will have to 'cd
> /usr/doc ; make install' before anything will appear in
> /usr/share/doc.

I did not understand that.

I have just installed FBSD on a second machine on my home network, and I
am just now getting it configured and cvsupped, and recompiled.

I assure you, I have just browsed the German language handbook in
/usr/share/doc/~de.
I have not cd /usr/doc ; make install.

I never knew I had to make install in that directory, so how could that
have happened?