Date:      Tue, 06 Feb 1996 13:35:04 -0700
From:      Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
To:        hackers@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: motion detection?

Hi,

>> So lets see, Your watching TV on your monitor, someone walks down the
driveway
>> an X-window pops up to alert you to the fact and turns on the X-10 light

radio-shack sells an X-10 infrared motion detector/floodlight that works
fairly well. this device can send up to 4 different X-10 codes when triggered.
right now I have it rigged to notice anyone in the front of the house, at
which point it:

        System: - echo someone is on the front porch > /dev/voice

--
Steve Passe	| powered by
smp@csn.net	|            FreeBSD