Date:      Tue, 22 Apr 2014 11:00:40 -0700
From:      John-Mark Gurney <jmg@funkthat.com>
To:        Riccardo Veraldi <riccardo.veraldi@gmail.com>
Cc:        sparc64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: libsoup

Riccardo Veraldi wrote this message on Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 19:30 +0200:
> On 4/22/14 7:22 PM, John-Mark Gurney wrote:
> >Riccardo Veraldi wrote this message on Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 18:49 +0200:
> >>seems there is a problem with strcmp somewhere...
> >It's probably being passed a bogus pointer...
> >
> >>this happens on my Sun Blade 1000 UltraSPARC IIIcu
> >>
> >>here I reproduced the problem.
> >are you sure it isn't a problem where the prototype isn't in scope,
> >and so strcmp or other function is getting/returning an int (32bits)
> >instead of a pointer (64bits)?  The C standard states that if there
> >isn't a prototype in scope it's assumed to always be an int...
> maybe... but how can I fix it then ?
> to succesfully compile libsoup I had to disable the configure script so
> that it won't compile the test program...
> bad idea but at least it goes on...

Try adding -Wimplicit-function-declaration to the gcc command and see
if it complains about something... If it does complain, like:
trc.c: In function 'main':
strc.c:5: warning: implicit declaration of function 'strcmp'
strc.c:5: warning: implicit declaration of function 'f'

you should report it to the maintainers that it's not including the
correct headers...

--
  John-Mark Gurney				Voice: +1 415 225 5579