Date:      Wed, 06 Jan 1999 17:18:36 -0700
From:      Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
To:        Don Lewis <Don.Lewis@tsc.tdk.com>
Cc:        Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>, Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>, rb@gid.co.uk, narvi@haldjas.folklore.ee, bright@hotjobs.com, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: question about re-entrancy.

Don Lewis wrote:

> } > Right, and how do you propose to do this w/out object locks?
> }
> } By locking entry to the code that does the manipulation instead.

Which is just a finer grain version of the Big Giant Lock.  If you can't
see the difference between locking an object and locking the thread
accessing the object, you need to look more closely.

--
             Where am I, and what am I doing in this handbasket?

Wes Peters                                                     +1.801.915.2061
Softweyr LLC                                                  wes@softweyr.com