Date:      Sat, 3 Feb 1996 16:40:04 +0100 (MET)
From:      grog@lemis.de (Greg Lehey)
To:        jack@cdrom.com (Jack Velte), jkh@FreeBSD.org (Jordan Hubbard), ellen@cdrom.com, dahanaya@chaph.usc.edu, gdr@wcs.uq.edu.au, gpalmer@westhill.cdrom.com
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org (FreeBSD Hackers), doc@FreeBSD.org (FreeBSD Documenters)
Subject:   Again: the final version of the installation book

Well, I don't know how many times I've said it already, but here we go
again: the *very final* version of the FreeBSD book, now called
"Installing and Running FreeBSD", is on
freefall.FreeBSD.org:/incoming/shortbook.tar.gz.  There are two files,
both PostScript: the Table of Contents and preface, and the rest. If
you're interested in reviewing it, please do it *now*.  I will be
doing my own final review in the next 24 hours, and after that I won't
have any time to change anything, so please get your gripes and things
in now.

As before, one thing you shouldn't gripe about too much is the
pagination: I need to fine tune it every time changes come in, and I
can't be bothered.  I'll take care of that this time tomorrow.  But
anything else is fair game.  I don't promise I'll change it ("what, no
networking? That's 50% of the questions people ask" won't make me put
in another 300 pages by tomorrow evening :-), but I'll at least give
every comment serious consideration.

Enjoy!
Greg