Date:      Sat, 18 Mar 2000 09:37:28 -0400 (AST)
From:      Bryan Bursey <bbursey@nipplehead.yi.org>
To:        Brad Knowles <blk@skynet.be>
Cc:        Matt Heckaman <matt@ARPA.MAIL.NET>, FreeBSD-STABLE <FreeBSD-STABLE@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: SMP oddity

Well, I can verify that it is _not_ a PIII issues.  My dual celeron box
refuses to report CPU speeds during boot.  However, I have one dual
celeron box which does reports a CPU speed as follows:

CPU: Celeron (400.91-MHz 686-class CPU)
  Origin = "GenuineIntel"  Id = 0x665  Stepping = 5

Its running a -CURRENT kernel from back in Sept.  (It was a bit of a hack
by a collegue to get StarOffice to run in -STABLE).

I'll check with him and see if we can reproduce it on another SMP machine
with 4.0-RELEASE.  Maybe this is a 3.x vs. 4.x issue.

Cheers,
Bryan

"Pride would never set foot in paradise, would it?
 And beauty will never save the world, will it?
 And enthusiasm does conquer all, doesn't it?"
   - TTH