Date:      Tue, 29 Feb 2000 15:32:20 +1000
From:      "Doug Young" <dougy@gargoyle.apana.org.au>
To:        <freeBSD-questions@freeBSD.org>
Subject:   Apache - PHP - mySQL

I would like to install mySQL in my FreeBSD system shortly & make the
database searchable on the net. In order to minimize potential problems I've
spend some time browsing through the mailing list archives (which are
working again :) ...... thanks to everyone involved) for info on issues that
people have come across in the past.

From what I've read to date, it appears that the function of PHP is to
simplify
the interfacing between the database to the webserver ..... is this
essentially correct or is there something else involved here ??

Secondly, it appears that the order of installation / compilation is
critical .... ie mySQL has to be installed first, then Apache / PHP ....
otherwise nothing works properly ..... is this an accurate assessment ??