Date:      Tue, 18 Mar 2003 09:44:46 -0600
From:      Krzysztof Parzyszek <kristof@swissmail.org>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Generating crash dumps

Hello,

I don't seem to be able to generate a crash dump on -CURRENT.
I was getting a kernel trap (I have DDB enabled).  From the debugger
I entered `panic', but I got another trap.  `Continue' got me back
to the first trap and repeated `panic' rebooted the machine w/o dumping
anything.

I tried setting the dumpdev variable in loader, to both, `disk3s1b'
(after `curdev') or `ad1s3b' (/dev/ad1s3b is the swap partition).
The swap partition is larger than the physical memory.

Disabling DDB didn't help.

I have read the Handbook.  What am I doing wrong?

Krzysztof