Date:      Mon, 13 Oct 2008 06:52:43 -0700
From:      Jeremy Chadwick <koitsu@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Jason <jason@tinisi.com>
Cc:        "Carlos A. M. dos Santos" <unixmania@gmail.com>, ports@freebsd.org, nork@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: DarwinStreamingServer-6.0.3

On Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 08:25:34AM -0500, Jason wrote:
> Carlos,
>    Thanks for the reply. I downloaded just the Streaming Server port
> from the FreeBSD web site, I haven't upgraded my entire ports tree. But,
> if I understand this particular problem, the only factors are the actual
> patch file and the file being patched, so as long as those are in sync,
> it should work. Is the port posted on the FreeBSD web the latest? The
> web access to cvs shows the port I am using at revision 1.35. Has
> something else fundamental changed like make itself or the patch utility
> since 6.0 was released?

The problem is that your ports tree has been updated incorrectly or is
broken somehow.  The patch which is failing for you was removed from the
files/ directory 4 months ago, when the 6.0.3 update got applied:

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/net/DarwinStreamingServer/files/Attic/

The patch in question does not apply to 6.0.3, and that's what the
problem here is.

I don't know how you have 6.0.3 of the port, but still have old patch
files in files/.  I do not know how/why your ports tree is in this
state.  It's possible that when you installed FreeBSD you chose "src"
and "ports" from the installation menu.  The problem with this is that
you have to "adopt" the src and ports trees to work with csup/cvsup:

http://www.cvsup.org/faq.html#adopt

I would highly recommend you "start over" from scratch by nuking
your ports tree (rm -fr /usr/ports/*), and the files/dirs in /usr/sup/*
and/or /var/db/sup/*, then updating your entire ports tree again.

You should probably do the same thing with /usr/src as well.