Date:      Tue, 11 Jan 2005 12:53:54 -0200
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Jo=E3o_Carlos_Mendes_Lu=EDs?= <jonny@jonny.eng.br>
To:        freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Athlon 64 2800+ on ASUS K8V SE freezing

usenet04@rootofallevil.net wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 10, 2005 at 11:31:45PM -0200, João Carlos Mendes Luís wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>    I've been running a test machine with FreeBSD-amd64 5.3-stable
>>since 5.3-beta.  It's a Athlon 64 2800+ on ASUS K8V SE, 512M DDR400 and
>>2 Seagate SATA 200 on Promise RAID1.  In the test setup, no problem was
>>found, except for the onboard sk(4), which has been "replaced" by an
>>Intel fxp(4).
>>
>>    Then, after migrating for production work, this same machine is now
>>freezing (no panics, just full freeze) after some time.  I could not yet
>>find a repeatable procedure to freeze this machine.  I have removed
>>almost every non-essencial driver from the kernel and non-essencial
>>daemons from running, but it still freezes.
>

> I had the same problem with an 3000+ and same mainboard. I replaced my
> 360W power supply with a new 500W and things are working now.
> Maybe that solves your problem.

     I also thought this was the problem, but now we have a SevenTeam
550W PFC power source and the system still freezes.   :-(

     Just wondering: Could there be a counter on ataraid that had some
conversion problem when migrated to 64 bit?  I've read another report of
an user having the same problem, repeatable after lots of disk access.

--
João Carlos Mendes Luís