Date:      Thu, 7 Jun 2007 09:58:32 -0500
From:      "Scot Hetzel" <swhetzel@gmail.com>
To:        goldskorpion <goldskorpion@gmail.com>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ocamlc.opt segfault on sparc64

:

> Makefile
> dax# make install clean
> ===>  ocaml-notk-3.09.3_1 is marked as broken: ocamlc.opt seg-faults
> on sparc64, please try to fix.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/lang/ocaml-nox11.
>

> i really don't know what i can do, and google don't give me news about this
> error.
> i am on a sun ultra 5 without gui. i have freebsd 6.2 for sparc64.

The port was marked broken in revision 1.47 of
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/lang/ocaml/Makefile due to
ocamlc.opt would segfault on sparc64, and then marked broken in
revision 1.49 for ia64.

Try building the port with TRYBROKEN:

cd /usr/ports/lang/ocaml-nox11
make build -DTRYBROKEN

and if it succeeds, install the port.  Then try testing to see if you
can get the port to segfault.  If it doesn't segfault send a PR to
have sparc64 removed from the BROKEN condition.  If it does segfault,
either try to determine why it is segfaulting and submit a patch, or
at least a back trace of the failure.

Scot

--
DISCLAIMER:
No electrons were mamed while sending this message. Only slightly bruised.