Date:      Sat, 01 Jul 2000 04:11:59 -0700
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
To:        Jeroen Ruigrok/Asmodai <asmodai@wxs.nl>
Cc:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>, arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Importing tsearch routines.

There's a PD tsearch library available from comp.sources.{misc,unix?}
from 1990 or there-abouts (from memory).

If you want to look at it, it's also available on
http://www.freebsd.org/~julian/
under the heading "CBASIC-to-C translator"
because I originally used tsearch and needed it
to get the translator working under FreeBSD.

It includes man pages but I suspect they may be from
sun or somewhere.

Jeroen Ruigrok/Asmodai wrote:

> -On [20000701 04:01], Alfred Perlstein (bright@wintelcom.net) wrote:
> >I would like to import Open/NetBSD's tsearch routines into libc:
> >
> >http://www.flame.org/cgi-bin/uncgi/hman?page=tsearch&sect=&arch=i386
> >
> >tsearch seems to be in most every other libc out there and is quite
> >handy.
> >
> >I have it ready for inclusion, and would like to backport to 4.0
> >asap, any objections?
>
> No.
>
> SUSv2 search.h:
>
> int    hcreate(size_t);
> void   hdestroy(void);
> ENTRY *hsearch(ENTRY, ACTION);
> void   insque(void *, void *);
> void  *lfind(const void *, const void *, size_t *, size_t, int (*)(const void *, const void *));
> void  *lsearch(const void *, void *, size_t *, size_t, int (*)(const void *, const void *));
> void   remque(void *);
> void  *tdelete(const void *, void **, int(*)(const void *, const void *));
> void  *tfind(const void *, void *const *, int(*)(const void *, const void *));
> void  *tsearch(const void *, void **, int(*)(const void *, const void *));
> void   twalk(const void *, void (*)(const void *, VISIT, int ));
>
> Any chance of implementing the rest as well? =)
>
> Obtw, still waiting for the kblob/filter manpages. *ducks 'n runs*
>
> --
> Jeroen Ruigrok vd Werven/Asmodai    asmodai@[wxs.nl|bart.nl|freebsd.org]
> Documentation nutter/C-rated Coder BSD: Technical excellence at its best
> The BSD Programmer's Documentation Project <http://home.wxs.nl/~asmodai>;
> I believe because it is impossible...

      __--_|\  Julian Elischer
     /       \ julian@elischer.org