Date:      Thu, 23 Aug 2001 23:47:52 -0400
From:      Mark Woodson <mwoodson@bacxs.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Error by make buildworld

At 03:07 PM 8/16/2001 -0600, Matt Meola wrote:
>The steps:
>
>1.  Drink alcoholic beverage of your choice.
>
>2.  cd /usr/src/lib/libc/gen
>
>3.  make basename.o
>
>4.  ar r /usr/lib/libc.a basename.o
>
>5.  Drink another alcoholic beverage of your choice.
>
>6.  cd /usr/src
>
>7.  make buildworld
>
>8.  Rejoice and drink still more alcoholic beverages!

The steps are not working on a 4.1-RELEASE  #0 system.

make basename.o generates:

gw# make basename.o
cc -O -pipe -c basename.c
basename.c:36: libgen.h:  No such file or directory
***Error Code 1

Otherwise I would rejoice and drink still more alchoholic beverages
(perhaps I'll do that anyway).

-Mark