Date:      Tue, 30 May 2000 05:56:28 -0400
From:      "Troy Settle" <troy@picus.com>
To:        "Danny" <dannyh@idx.com.au>, "Mark A. Hummel" <mhumm@ispchannel.com>, "freebsd-questions" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Why can't I cd to some of my directories?

Actually, if you are somewhere under the /cdrom directory structure (which
I believe Mark was), you can not umount the cdrom.  Failure with a device
busy error.

cd             # puts you into your home directory
umount /cdrom  # unmounts the cdrom (run as root)

On Mark's other question:

For your problem getting into a directory under /usr/local/, can you post
a transcript of your session to us?  Don't re-type in, actually paste the
text in from your session.  If you can't copy/paste, you can use the
script(1) command to capture all I/O of your session to a text file, which
you can then edit (strip it to a few lines that show the problem but don't
change those lines) and email to the list.

I'm willing to bet that once you've documented this to the point where
someone can help you, you will have found a solution for yourself.  Let's
see what happens.

--
  Troy Settle
  Network Analyst