Date:      Sat, 16 Nov 1996 11:10:44 -0800 (PST)
From:      Michael Dillon <michael@memra.com>
To:        isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Router Purchase - the bottom line

On Sat, 16 Nov 1996, Jacob Suter wrote:

> > This is really funny! We're talking about systems stability,
> overheating, etc
> > and your running your processor 20% out of spec. Talk about bad
> moves...

> According to what I have read, this chip was designed to actually run
> 160, but they didn't want it to compete with the more expensive
> K5/6x86/P5 chips.  So, they marketed it as the cooler 133 solution
> (which is only P66-P75ish speed)..

If it wasn't tested to run at 166 and if the manufacturer won't support
running it that fast then you are running it overspec.

> I don't know what bug crawled in your ass lately, but its really
> beginning to be annoying.

Not as annoying as the bug that crawled in yours.

Michael Dillon                   -               ISP & Internet Consulting
Memra Software Inc.              -                  Fax: +1-604-546-3049
http://www.memra.com             -               E-mail: michael@memra.com