Date:      Thu, 25 Nov 1999 16:50:05 +0200
From:      Maxim Sobolev <sobomax@altavista.net>
To:        nnd@mail.nsk.ru
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD ELF Netscape binaries ?

nnd@mail.nsk.ru wrote:

> In <383D1DFB.80CD028F@altavista.net> Maxim Sobolev <sobomax@altavista.net> wrote:
> > nnd@mail.nsk.ru wrote:
> >
> >>         What (if any) are the problems with
> >> native FreeBSD ELF Netscape Communicator/Navigator binaries ?
> >
> > AFAIK one major problem exist - ELF version is still unavailable.
>
>         Sorry, but my question must be - WHY there still is no
> ELF version of Netscape Communicator for FreeBSD ?
> (FreeBSD's point of view to this problem ?)

IMHO it is not a right place to ask (try to mail Netscape instead). Seems that
Netscape doesn't see any objections to bother with porting, probably because aout
binaries still supported (at least theoretically, while in fact it is huge headache
associated with the need to have two versions of each .so).

-Maxim