Date:      Tue, 11 Jan 2011 09:42:29 +0200
From:      Joe <transpara@ya.ru>
To:        freebsd-hubs@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: ftp mirror for remote install

Thank you!

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-freebsd-hubs@freebsd.org [mailto:owner-freebsd-hubs@freebsd.org] On Behalf Of Fabian Wenk
Sent: Monday, January 10, 2011 8:53 PM
To: freebsd-hubs@freebsd.org

Hello Joe

On 10.01.11 10:36, Joe wrote:
> I would like to make a partial FreeBSD ftp mirror for internal use: i want to do remote installs usinf ftp as a source of my installs.
>
> Let's say, i would like to mirror from ftp://ftp.ua.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/
>
> What subdirectories of it should i make mirror of?

You would need all files and folders (except 'packages') from eg.
this location (change the architecture and release as you prefer):
ftp://ftp.ua.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/amd64/7.3-RELEASE/

If you would like also to install additional packages during the
first install from you local mirror, verify that you also get the
'packages' folder (it is a softlink/symlink, check your mirroring
script how it does work with such things). The content of this
folder could be several GB of size.

bye
Fabian