Date:      Wed, 30 Apr 1997 15:52:49 +0200
From:      Stefan Esser <se@freefall.FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Alexander Fuchsstadt <afuchs@totum.plaut.de>
Cc:        Eivind Eklund <eivind@bitbox.follo.net>, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Compaq Integrated Netflex Ethernet Card (fwd)

On Apr 30, Alexander Fuchsstadt <afuchs@totum.plaut.de> wrote:
> Hi,
> thanks for your interrest in my problem. The machines are Compaq Deskpro
> 6000 and they are suposed to run under the (n)operating sys NT. I will try
> to make them work with fBSD 3.0 970209-SNAP. Up to now, it was not
> possible to print the boot -v messages, 'cause I want to install fBSD via
> net.

No need to actually install FreeBSD, just insert
the boot floppy and enter -v, when asked for the
kernel file (and options).

You will of course have to write down the line
identifying an unknown PCI device (class network,
sub-class Ethernet), if the chip happens to NOT
be supported. If it is uspported, well, then there
is nothing to be done :)

> So far the resources are: I/O 1000 - 100F and IRQ 11.
> I'll try the lance-driver  and report the result.

For the Lance, there should be a memory window ...

Gruss, STefan