Date:      Tue, 12 May 1998 10:45:17 +1000 (EST)
From:      Iain Templeton <iaint@css.tuu.utas.edu.au>
To:        beaupran <root@umontreal.ca>
Cc:        "Eric J. Schwertfeger" <ejs@bfd.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Pine 3.96 -> 4.00 (upgrade?)

On Mon, 11 May 1998, Eric J. Schwertfeger wrote:

> On Mon, 11 May 1998, beaupran wrote:
>
> > I'd like to know when and / or if the new version of pine (4.00) will be
> > available in freebsd... It is able to use the POP3 protocol, which is a
> > great improvement...
>
> Pine 3.96, and earlier versions, could use POP3, it just isn't documented.
> Unfortunately, since I use fetchmail instead, I no longer have the info on
> how to do this.

In your .pinerc file you add a line like the following to the

incoming-folders="Folder Name" {the.host.goes.here/pop3}

Or alternatively you add the same sort of thing to the inbox-path line,
but without the folder name in quotes.

Anyway, pine might compile for FreeBSD out of the box if you are rather
adventurous.

Iaion.