Date:      Mon, 04 Jan 1999 21:47:00 -0600 (CST)
From:      Conrad Sabatier <conrads@neosoft.com>
To:        doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Kernel configuration docs a neglected area?

While the documentation of the actual steps involved in configuring,
building and installing a new kernel are quite adequate, I think, there's
still lots of room for improvement in the documentation of the meanings and
ramifications of all the various options, controllers, devices, etc. that
one can include in one's kernel configuration file.

These one-liners in the LINT file just don't explain enough in many cases.

While I realize the development team already has its hands full and can
hardly afford the time to meticulously document each and every possible
kernel configuration line, it still seems to me nonetheless that this is
one area that simply cries out for more attention.

How this might be achieved is, of course, another matter altogether.  :-)

--
Conrad Sabatier <conrads@neosoft.com>

You cannot propel yourself forward by patting yourself on the back.