Date:      Fri, 10 Nov 1995 21:30:50 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   PCVT: Can't compile...frustrating...

HI...

	I've got 2.0.5R installed, and saw a friends machine where he
is running PCVT...and decided to try it out here...but I can't get
it to compile.

	After looking at his config file, as well as looking at the
man page, I've:

	disabled sc0
	enabled vt0
	enabled PCVT_FREEBSD=200 (check out /usr/src/sys/i386/isa/pcvt/*.h
				  for this one)
	recompiled the kernel

	Each time, I get multiple declarations about stuff like
pccnputc, and about a dozen other similar errors.

	Now, as I said above, I checked out /usr/src/sys/i386/isa/pcvt/..
../pcvt_hdr.h, and found the section where it tells you what to set
PCVT_FREEBSD= to, and noticed that the 205 that I was using isn't listed,
so I figured that I had to go down, not up...I can't seem to find any
other documentation other then that in the man page, and the example
in my friends config file.

	From this, can someone tell me what I'm missing, or, if not,
where I should look?

Thanks...

Marc G. Fournier | Knowledge, Information and Communications, Inc (ki.net)
scrappy@hub.org  |
 soon to be:     |
scrappy@ki.net   | For more information, send me email.