Date:      Wed, 23 Apr 1997 08:31:02 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Thomas David Rivers <ponds!rivers@dg-rtp.dg.com>
To:        ponds!nlsystems.com!dfr, ponds!lakes.water.net!rivers
Cc:        ponds!freebsd.org!freebsd-hackers
Subject:   Re: kern/3304: NFS V2 readdir hangs

I've taken the liberty of redirecting this to -hackers...

Doug Rabson writes:
> On Tue, 22 Apr 1997, Thomas David Rivers wrote:
>
> >  Here's another question - I thought -I on mount_nfs was supposed to
> > set the readdirsize... if not, should there be an option on mount_nfs
> > that lets you set this?   Such an option could be handy if we run
> > into a similar problem in the future...
>
> That option seems to be missing in out mount_nfs.  The flag is supported
> by NetBSD (and OpenBSD, I guess).  I will probably pull the code in from
> there although I don't thing it is particularly useful.

 Yes, I sorta agree - when things are working correctly this isn't
that useful an option.  But, in this instance; it could have been
useful - particularly if I was unable to rebuild my kernel.  Or,
lets consider the scenario of NFS problems during an install...
perhaps such an option may "save the day" one day...  That's the
only reason I have for suggesting it.

 But - temper that with "Yes, I sorta agree..."  I wouldn't cry
myself to sleep if this didn't make it in :-) :-)

	- Dave Rivers -