Date:      Wed, 25 Oct 1995 13:53:03 +0930 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   AF_UNSPEC/SOCK_RAW and such...

So I'm getting somewhere with the '485 multidrop stuff.  My apologies for
being so clueless about the Big Picture 8(

I'd _really_ like to be able to talk to it at a socket level, as this
will avoid toying around with pcap/bpf and the like.

What I'm wondering is whether AF_UNSPEC/SOCK_RAW will just hand my
driver the packet as written, or whether it'll break something else.

Obviously, suck it and see applies here, but some casual advice from those
that have gone before would be muchly appreciated 8)

]] High-speed data acquisition and                                      [[
]] realtime instrument control          (ph/fax) +61-8-267-3039         [[
]] My car has "demand start" -Terry Lambert  UNIX: live FreeBSD or die! [[